Thursday, September 10, 2009

Bulldozers on Monday!

This morning was spent in Buckhead's rush hour traffic. Never want to do that again....but it did get me a shiny new red stamp on our soils survey. Thanks, Andrew!!!

Off we went to the Environmental Health Department in search of our septic permit, which took all of five minutes. I moved two chairs over to the Building Department in high spirits, fully expecting (what was I thinking?!) to have my building permit in a similar fashion. No such luck.

I spent over five hours trying to rectify all the issues standing between that permit and me. Despite the hassle and frustration, we finally have our building permit! And at this point, let me just say that not many builders would happily entertain your toddler while you beg for a permit....but Brian the Builder is that man! Thank you, Brian!

Monday morning we'll be watching the bulldozers cut our driveway and grade for our foundation. Maybe they'll take some of that poison ivy down while they're at it...

This, of course, means that we'll be spending our weekend marking trees (with tape, I'll have you know!) to save, moving moss, and heeling in ferns.

Let the bulldozers roll!

No comments:

Post a Comment